Prescription drugs is the number one drug abused in our area.
Don’t become the neighborhood drug dealer without even knowing it.
- Be aware of what prescriptions are in the house.
- Keep track of how many pills are in the prescription bottles.
- Safely dispose of any expired, old presciptions. Please check for collection sites in your area.
- Lock up medications – treat those medications as if they were a loaded gun.
- Be descreet when getting medications filled don’t let people know what medications you are taking; especially pain medications.
- Be aware of who is in the house at all times even children, grandchildren, friends and neighbors. Addiction affects everyone – family, friends included.
Be aware that addiction to prescription drugs can happen to ANYONE. Please take a moment to view this video.